Program - Bird Program
Description - This program will explain basic characteristics of birds and what they have in common. We will focus on adaptations of birds and how they depend on these adaptations for survival, local species of birds and bird conservation.
Time required - Approximately 45 minutes
Size requirements - 50 students or less
SCHOOL GROUP FEES
Guided Nature Hikes (Creekfield Lake and 40 Acre Lake)
- 1 - 20 Students - $40.00
- 21 - 40 Students - $60.00
- 41 - 60 Students - $80.00
- 61 - 80 Students - $100.00
- 81-100 Students - $120.00
Unfortunately all classroom programs have been suspended indefinitely.
- Reptile Program
- Mammal Program
- Bird Program
- Aquatic Invertebrate Program (available for grades 3 - 5)
No charge for Nature Center
Reservations must be made in advance and are subject to availability
The following Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) for Grade 3 Science will be addressed with this program
§112.5. Science, Grade 3
(b) Knowledge and skills.
(8) Science concepts. The student knows that living organisms need food, water, light, air, a way to dispose of waste, and an environment in which to live. The student is expected to:
(A) observe and describe the habitats of organisms within an ecosystem;
(B) observe and identify organisms with similar needs that compete with one another for resources such as oxygen, water, food, or space;
(C) describe environmental changes in which some organisms would thrive, become ill, or perish; and
(D) describe how living organisms modify their physical environment to meet their needs such as beavers building a dam or humans building a home.
(9) Science concepts. The student knows that species have different adaptations that help them survive and reproduce in their environment. The student is expected to:
(A) observe and identify characteristics among species that allow each to survive and reproduce; and
(B) analyze how adaptive characteristics help individuals within a species to survive and reproduce.
(10) Science concepts. The student knows that many likenesses between offspring and parents are inherited from the parents. The student is expected to:
(B) identify some inherited traits of animals