Program - Reptile Program
Description - This program will explain basic characteristics of reptiles and what they have in common. We will look at basic life history of snakes and alligators. Live animals will be used in this program. Students will be allowed to touch an alligator and a snake at the conclusion of the program.
Time required - Approximately 45 minutes
Size requirements - 50 students or less
SCHOOL GROUP FEES
Guided Nature Hikes (Creekfield Lake and 40 Acre Lake)
- 1 - 20 Students - $40.00
- 21 - 40 Students - $60.00
- 41 - 60 Students - $80.00
- 61 - 80 Students - $100.00
- 81-100 Students - $120.00
Unfortunately all classroom programs have been suspended indefinitely.
- Reptile Program
- Mammal Program
- Bird Program
- Aquatic Invertebrate Program (available for grades 3 - 5)
No charge for Nature Center
Reservations must be made in advance and are subject to availability
The following Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) for Grade 4 Science will be addressed with this program
§112.6. Science, Grade 4
(5) Science concepts. The student knows that complex systems may not work if some parts are removed. The student is expected to:
(A) identify and describe the roles of some organisms in living systems such as plants in a schoolyard, and parts in nonliving systems such as a light bulb in a circuit; and
(B) predict and draw conclusions about what happens when part of a system is removed.
(8) Science concepts. The student knows that adaptations may increase the survival of members of a species. The student is expected to:
(A) identify characteristics that allow members within a species to survive and reproduce;
(B) compare adaptive characteristics of various species; and
(C) identify the kinds of species that lived in the past and compare them to existing species.
(9) Science concepts. The student knows that many likenesses between offspring and parents are inherited or learned. The student is expected to:
(A) distinguish between inherited traits and learned characteristics; and
(B) identify and provide examples of inherited traits and learned characteristics.